Southern Mutual Church Insurance Company has been meeting the insurance needs
of churches since 1928 and is an equal opportunity employer. SMCI offers a
competitive salary, good work hours & environment, and an excellent benefits package.
If you would like to submit an application, CLICK HERE
to open a fillable PDF, save it as a PDF to your system, then attach the completed application
and your resume to an email and send to email@example.com.
Inspector/Loss Control Representative (GA)
Southern Mutual Church Insurance Company (SMCIC) is currently a leading provider of property and casualty insurance for the church market in South Carolina, North Carolina,
Georgia, Tennessee & Kentucky. We are seeking a professional, self-motivated individual to be responsible for completing physical inspections, establishing property & liability
exposures and making loss control recommendations. Applicant should possess an understanding of church structure, operations and risk management principles. Some overnight travel
required. Must have a minimum of five (5) years experience in Property & Casualty Insurance field, preferably commercial or claims related. Associates degree or equivalent company/agency
experience required. Insurance designations and GA agents or property claims adjuster license a plus. Must currently live in the vicinity of Macon to service a Georgia territory.
Must be interested in being part of growing an 88 year old company that cares about employees. Competitive salary, guaranteed vehicle mileage allowance & excellent benefits package. Send
resume to Southern Mutual Church Insurance Company PO Box 9346 Columbia SC 29290 Fax 803-695-3385 Attn: Loss Control Dept. or firstname.lastname@example.org
Loss Control Manager
Southern Mutual Church Insurance Company is currently looking for an experienced Loss Control Manager to oversee its loss control services department. The ideal candidate will have experience
working loss/risk control in the insurance industry and be able to perform the functions of the position with little supervision. The individual must be results focused, accountable, motivated,
highly organized and a team player. We are looking for the right candidate who not only has loss control expertise, but also has the communication and personnel management skills to be successful
in this position. The candidate should have a good understanding and be able to work well within our niche market and SMCI business culture. The individual should have a desire to move the
company forward with creative and progressive thinking. This position will also be responsible for directing and coordinating maintenance and repair of the home office.
- Provides activity coordination/management for loss control staff and services.
- Analyzes staff development needs/monitors staff training.
- Evaluates utilization and work product quality of assigned staff.
- Conducts staff performance reviews. Effectively manages staff regarding job expectations and provides timely feedback on performance and performance gaps.
- Provides consultative loss control service to churches that will assist them in developing loss control programs and mitigate property and liability hazards/losses.
- Monitors staff inspection visits for the purpose of staying informed on the loss control service needs and to observe the level of effectiveness of loss control staff.
- Prepares detailed, written multi-loss control reports. Submits recommendations to assist in correcting deficiencies.
- Develops/maintains working relationship with policyholders, agents and third party vendors.
- Maintains regular communication relative to loss control issues with other loss control staff/appropriate company personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to write, develop and deliver successful presentations.
- Performs post claims analysis to ensure corrective action is taken to mitigate future losses.
- Works closely with the Claims Department analyzing loss trends and exposures to incorporate into the loss control inspection and risk identification process.
- May perform other functions as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 10 years risk management / loss control / insurance related experience.
- Professional designations such as Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate in Risk Management (ARM), Certified Risk Manager (CRM) or related designation a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel 30% of the time with some overnight travel required.